Making a booking.
Bookings are made either direct with us at Belstane or via one of our booking agents. When you make a reservation direct with us here at Belstane we will provide you with a Booking Confirmation/Invoice confirming the details of your stay and your payment schedule. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking deposit has been paid and has been confirmed in writing. If you make a booking via one of our booking agents using their online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email and a copy of their terms and conditions which are not dissimilar to these.
Terms & Conditions
We want you to have a happy holiday but we do have a few rules. Please read them carefully as they form part of your contract with us.
Occupying The Cabin
- Your reservation: Reservations and check-in time commence at 4.30pm on the Arrival Date stated on your Booking Confirmation. Your reservation terminates at 10:00am on the Departure Date stated on your Booking Confirmation, and the property must be vacated by 10.00am that day.
- Occupancy: Your booking is for the number of persons stated in your booking confirmation. No person in excess of the number agreed at the time of booking may occupy the property nor can you significantly change the make-up of the originally booked party during your stay without prior permission.
The bedrooms are the only available sleeping accommodation; ‘camping out' in the living room is absolutely forbidden. Breach of this rule will terminate the contract without recompense and you will be asked to leave.
Note: Extended Stays: With extended stays, we reserve the right to inspect the property periodically
- Booking type: The property must be used solely for the purpose of self-catering holiday accommodation and not for the purposes of dinner parties, parties, or for entertaining people in the property other than those originally booked to stay.
Inviting Visitors: If you wish to invite visitors then this must be cleared in advance with the owner, but be aware that the accommodation features seating and dining for four people only. Failure to clear the arrival of visitors in advance will simply result in them being asked to leave.
- Hen or Stag Parties:- We do not accommodate ‘hen’ or ‘stag’ parties or any such group that we suspect to all intents and purposes is a stag or hen party. You will have been notified of this on your booking confirmation. If we suspect on arrival that yours is a ‘hen’ or ‘stag’ party then we will refuse entry.
- Cleanliness:- The cabin must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Damage and breakages must be paid for.
- Conduct:- We reserve the right to terminate the visit of any person whose conduct is unruly or whose behavior is threatening.
- Smoking:- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in or on the property.
- Insurance:- It is a condition of occupancy that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance including 3rd-party personal liability cover, cancellation cover, travel delay cover, cover for loss and damage to your baggage, cover for damage to the rental property, fixtures & fittings and health insurance including evacuation & repatriation cover.
- Pets:- Pets are only allowed by prior arrangement. Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds and must not be left unattended in the cabin. Please bring your own pet’s bed. If your dog chews or otherwise irreparably damages the fixtures, furniture or fittings then the damage has to be paid for.
- Inspection:- We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times, after having given notice, for the purposes of inspection, to carry out repairs or maintenance or if we have reason to suspect misbehavior which might damage the property.
- Liability:- No liability shall be accepted by us for loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to guests, either in the property or in/to cars, bicycles or other vehicles left on the property. Nor shall liability be accepted by us for accident or injury to guests, either within the property or outside.
- Bikes & Sports Equipment:- No bikes or large sports equipment may be brought into the cabin. We will provide secure storage for large items in the farm steading buildings.
- Problems:- Please inform us as soon as possible if you have a problem with your accommodation or if you find anything faulty within the cabin so that we can assist and address the issue. We will do our best to fix problems but due to the limited period of hire, it may not always be possible to effect repairs during the period of hire where tradesmen need to called in.
- WiFi:- Because of the remote location of the cabin, and as stated on both our and our agents’ websites, at present we can only provide WiFi at our own cottage where you’re welcome to come down, have a coffee and use our WiFi in private in our sitting room. Sadly, we rarely have better than 3.5mbps. However, the cabin has a 4G signal good enough for checking email and light internet use.
- Television:- Likewise, this being a rural area, terrestrial television reception is poor to non-existent. Television is offered via Satellite Freeview, instructions for which are kept by the television.
Deposits & Cancellations
- Deposit:- A non-refundable deposit of 30% becomes payable at time of reservation for the full period booked, with full payment due 30 days prior to your date of arrival.
- Cancellation policy:- For bookings made direct with us, in the event of a cancellation within 30 days of arrival, all monies will be forfeit unless we succeed in gaining another booking for that period at the same or greater rate, in which case all of your money will be returned minus an administration charge of £25.00. Cancellation Insurance cover for accommodation booked within the UK can be acquired for a few pounds on the internet.
Similar cancellation rules are in place for reservations made with our booking agent.
- Cancellation by us:- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the reservation due to circumstances beyond our control (storm damage or the like), we will provide a full refund of monies paid. No further financial claims can be considered.